Gais, who’s up for a contest?
Ok, so I have an extra camera lying around in my room that needs more lovin’ than I’ve been givin’.
Say hello to the Canon Prima Super 120.
Wow, that lens sure can elongate, can’t it?
Also known as Canon Sure Shot 120 and Canon Autoboy 120, it sold for JPY 46,000 when it was first released in 1999. That’s around Php 16,800 or USD 430 using that year’s exchange rates.
I bought this from a Fujifilm center for Php 4,000 (~USD 86) in 2009 and have only shot 4 rolls of film with it since.
This camera has one of the sharpest lens among all the point & shoot film cameras ever made available on the market. But don’t take my word for it. Have a look at some reviews and sample photos here and here.
One thing you should know, I applied clear nail polish over its rubber cover to prevent it from melting further due to my house’s ambient heat. Other than that, the camera works fine (tested with a new set of batteries).
THE RAFFLE CONTEST
Contest starts 1:01 PM on May 5, 2012 PHT (12:01AM 05/05/12 EST).
Go to the raffle widget at the bottom of this page, sign-in with FaceBook and follow the instructions to earn raffle points. More points, more chances of winning. (Sorry, I can’t include the Rafflecopter widget in this post as it is not compatible for integration with Tumblr yet.)
IMPORTANT TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Only residents of the Philippines are qualified to win. I’ll be very strict on this one.
- Batteries included. Manual will be sent thru email.
- If the winner happens to be residing in Manila, we can arrange a meetup for him/her to claim the camera (photo ops!!!). Otherwise, the camera will be shipped thru courier.
- I might throw in a fresh roll of film along with the camera to get the new owner started.
- Winner will be announced on July 23, 2012.
- I’ll make a few minor changes to the contest as I deem necessary. (Hey, this is my camera I’m giving away anyway.)
- UPDATE (05/08/12): I will validate each and every entry. Cheaters beware.
- UPDATE (05/08/12): Private tweets about the raffle will not be counted as entries. How the hell can I check a private tweet, right?